The academic strengths and weaknesses list show the things that a Student can do and can improve upon. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses and some can be developed over time.
Have you been asked your academic strengths and weaknesses?
What was your answer? It’s good to identify your strengths and weaknesses so that you can know where to improve or even work on.
What is a Strength:
Strengths are actions that you are good at. They include skills and actions that boost your productivity and creativity.
Your strength differentiate you from another person and it gives you added advantage.
What is a Weakness:
A weakness is something that brings you down. Something you don’t find difficult to do which you love to correct or change.
Academic Strengths list:
- Ability to learn from Mistakes – This has to do with the ability to accept mistakes when corrected.
- Discipline – The strength of being able to do the right thing at the right time.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find solution to problem even under pressure.
- Leadership skills – The ability to lead people forward, make progress and replicate other leaders too.
- Being Kind and friendly – To be able to accommodate the differences in people.
- Honesty – The ability to defend the truth even under pressure.
- Critical thinking
- Ability to Listen- To give someone complete listening ear.
- Ability to sit down and Read.
- Open mindedness – Open to new experiences and role models.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Planning skills
- Creative thinking skill
Academic weakness list:
- Blunt – to speak in a direct or rude way.
Read this: What age do you start University?
How can I identity my Strengths and Weaknesses list:
1.Find out what naturally flows from you, What you love doing, that’s your strength.
2. I know you have friends that are close to you, Yes, they know your strengths and weaknesses list. Get in contact with them and let them tell you more about it.
How do I deal with my weakness list:
I have weaknesses just like you. Everyone has a weakness but you can work everyday to improve yourself and work on your weakness. Here are the tips for you:
1.Make a routine to work on your weakness:
Find out your weakness and make out time to work on it. If your weakness is intolerance, learn now to tolerate people, learn how to take things easy, focus more on the good side of things than the insecurities.
If you have the weakness of Procrastination, read this book, “Eat that Frog” by Brian Tracy. It will really help you to reduce procrastination to the last.
Read also: 20+ Fun Things to do in College when bored
Any weakness you have, look for a way to tackle it to the last. Everything has a solution.
2. Get a Mentor:
A mentor is someone that has gone ahead of you, made mistakes, created the mistakes and is still moving on.
If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.Isaac Newton
Get a Mentor in the field of your weakness. If you have the weakness of aggressiveness and anger, get a life coach to direct you and help you make some vital decisions that you can help work on your anger issues.
3. Be Humble:
Be willing to learn from others. Yea I know that Humility alone is a strength on its own so if you want to boost your academic strengths and reduce your weaknesses list, make up your mind to be willing to learn.
Conclusion on the academic strengths and weaknesses list:
Your academic strengths and weaknesses list can be what you know/What you don’t know, your teachable skills and your personal lifestyle.
You can grow your weaknesses and strengths academically and you will do well.
Thanks for reading this post.
Leave a comment below for questions. Share this with a fellow student.
Sharing is caring.